Client Kuhn Rogers PLC
Its tagline says it all: “a unique confluence of talent, experience and professionalism ...”
The merger of two of the Northwest’s oldest and most well-established law firms resulted in Kuhn Rogers vaulting to one of the region’s largest legal practices.
With offices on Union Street in Old Town Traverse City and Okemos, Michigan, eight partners and four associates offer a diverse range of services from environmental litigation and estate planning, to oil and gas law, business planning and a broad range of civil practice.
Lawton Gallagher Group was retained to collaborate with administrative staff in drafting and implementing a merger communications and marketing strategy.
Internal and external audiences were defined and guided a multi-channel approach in conveying key messaging.
A new logo and website bookmarked the merger, while the firm’s staff and attorneys communicated with longtime clients and the public in a variety of creative ways.
Media relations and specialty publication advertising have also been legs of the strategy.
On hold, but only because the firm has been too busy to guide its implementation, is a digital media campaign focused on building Kuhn Rogers’ already significant brand recognition.
The Lawton Gallagher Group
· Met with firm’s lawyers and staff multiple times to find out where they wanted to be in one year, five years, 10 years
· Conducted a staff survey to find out how the lawyers get information, what they read
· Built a marketing plan based on their input
· Designed, built and populated a website; held training sessions for the firm’s staff so they could update site with blogs and more
· Facilitated media coverage of merger, resulting in news stories and numerous mentions